Acceptance of Terms
Federal Reserve Bank Customers
If you are using this website as a Federal Reserve Bank customer to access Federal Reserve Bank products and services through a FedLine® access solution, you are advised that use of that access solution is governed by Federal Reserve Bank Operating Circular 5 (Off-site), the applicable Certification Practice Statement (Off-site), and the Password Practice Statement (Off-site). The particular products and services you access are also governed by Federal Reserve Bank operating circulars. You may view these operating circulars here (Off-site).
Accuracy, Completeness, and Timeliness of Information on This Site
The Federal Reserve Banks are not responsible if information made available on this website is not accurate, complete, or current. Any reliance on the information on this website is at your own risk, and any conclusions that you draw from the information presented here are yours alone and are not to be attributed to the Federal Reserve Banks. The views expressed on this website may not necessarily reflect the views of any Federal Reserve Bank or of the Federal Reserve System. The Federal Reserve Banks may periodically update the information but make no commitment to do so.
This website may provide links to websites not maintained by the Federal Reserve Banks as an additional resource. Such external websites may also link to this website. External websites that link to this website or that this website links to are not under the control of the Federal Reserve Banks and may contain material that is protected under copyright or other laws or that otherwise has restrictions on its use. The Federal Reserve Banks make no warranty, express or implied, and do not assume any liability or responsibility for any information that is available on any external website. Neither this website’s inclusion of links to external websites nor external websites' inclusion of links to this website implies the Federal Reserve Banks' sponsorship, endorsement, recommendation, or approval of the external websites, the persons or entities managing or responsible for those sites, any views expressed on those sites, or any products or services offered on those sites.
Use of Material on This Website
This website contains copyrighted material, trademarked material, and other proprietary information, including but not limited to text, software, graphics, logos, and button icons that are the property of the Federal Reserve Banks or third parties. You may not reproduce, modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part, of any copyrighted, trademarked, or proprietary information owned by Federal Reserve Banks except as expressly authorized by the Federal Reserve Banks. The Federal Reserve Banks cannot grant permission to use copyrighted material, trademarked material, or other proprietary information owned by third parties.
Any unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, to defeat or circumvent security measures, or to utilize this website for reasons other than its intended purposes are prohibited.
The Federal Reserve Banks do not permit the use of their names in advertising, as an endorsement for any product or service, or for any other commercial purpose without their express written permission.
Except as expressly provided elsewhere on this website, modifying, distributing, transmitting, performing, broadcasting, publishing, uploading, licensing, reverse engineering, transferring, selling, or creating derivative works from the material on this website is expressly prohibited.
The Federal Reserve Banks do not represent or warrant that your use of the material on this website will not infringe the rights of third parties.
You may not use contact information provided on this website for unauthorized purposes, including marketing. You may not use hardware or software intended to damage or interfere with the proper operation of this website or to obtain or intercept any data, including personal information, stored in or sent to this website. You shall not interrupt or attempt to interrupt the operation of this website in any way. You shall not frame this website (or any material on this website) or use the Federal Reserve Banks’ proprietary trademarks or service marks as metatags or hidden text on websites you own or control without the Federal Reserve Banks’ express written consent.
The Federal Reserve Banks reserve the right to limit or terminate your access to or your use of this website for any reason at any time without notice. Exercise of this right does not waive or affect any other right or remedy to which the Federal Reserve Banks may be entitled at law or in equity.
THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANKS PROVIDE NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUALITY, OR NONINFRINGEMENT OF ANY INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE. ALL INFORMATION, DATA, AND MATERIALS ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
Limitation of Liability
THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANKS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR FOR ANY OTHER KIND OF DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUES, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION AND ATTORNEYS' FEES) THAT ARE IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, INFORMATION AVAILABLE FROM THIS WEBSITE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANKS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, INCLUDING LIABILITY FOR ANY VIRUSES THAT MIGHT INFECT A USER'S COMPUTER SYSTEM.
Material You Submit
You acknowledge that you are responsible for any information or other material you may submit to the Federal Reserve Banks through this website. Your responsibility includes ensuring that you have the necessary rights or permissions to submit the material to this website and that the material is lawful and appropriate in the jurisdiction from which you are accessing this website. You shall not enter, upload, distribute, or otherwise publish to or through this website any material that (1) is confidential, proprietary, false, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive, illegal, or otherwise objectionable or that violates or infringes on the privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights of any person; (2) may constitute or encourage a criminal offense or would otherwise violate the law or the rights of another person; (3) may contain software viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code; and/or (4) constitutes a chain letter, a mass mailing, or any form of spam.
If you submit material through this website, you grant each Federal Reserve Bank an unrestricted, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display that material throughout the world in any media. You acknowledge and agree that each Federal Reserve Bank is free to use any ideas, concepts, or know-how that you provide to the Federal Reserve Banks through this website. You grant each Federal Reserve Bank the right to use the name you provide in connection with the material you submit, if it or, collectively, they choose to do so.
The Federal Reserve Banks have no obligation to post or accept any material you submit and may remove any material you submit and/or restrict or terminate your ability to submit material at any time for any reason without prior notice.
Some features on this website may require registration. By registering and in consideration of your use of this website, you shall provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself. You shall maintain and promptly update registration information to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete.
Some features on this website that require registration may also require use of a password. You shall maintain the confidentiality and security of your password and registration identification. You are solely and fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account. If you have any reason to believe or become aware of any loss, theft, or unauthorized use of your password, you must notify the FRBservices.org webmaster immediately.
In registering or using this website, you shall not (1) create an account for anyone other than yourself, (2) attempt to cloak or conceal your identity; and (3) share your password, let anyone else access your account, or take other actions that might compromise the security of your account.
The Federal Reserve Banks may terminate your account and remove or discard all or any part of your registration data or user content at any time for any reason without prior notice.
Trademark and Service Mark Notices
The following are marks related to financial services products offered by one or more of the Federal Reserve Banks:
- Financial Services logo, “My FedDirectory,” “Fed360,” “FedGlobal,” “FedLine,” “FedLine Web,” “FedLine Exchange,” “FedCash,” “FedMail,” “Fedwire,” “Wired to Deliver,” “FedACH,” “FedImage,” “FedForward,” “FedLine Advantage,” “FedReceipt,” “FedReturn,” “FedFlash,” “FedLine Direct,” “FedLine Command,” “FedPayments,” “FRBservices.org,” “GlobeNow,” “Canada Connection,” “Central Bank Central,” “FedComplete,” “FedTransaction Analyzer,” “FedDirect” and “FedACH Risk” are registered trademarks or service marks of the Federal Reserve Banks.
- “FedNow” and “FedFocus” are service marks of the Federal Reserve Banks.
- The Directo a México logo and “Directo a México” are registered service marks of the Federal Reserve Banks in the United States and service marks of the Banco de México in Mexico.
The above list is not intended as a complete list of marks owned by the Federal Reserve Banks.
The following marks are owned by the United States Department of the Treasury:
- “TreasuryDirect,” “Savings Bond Pro,” and “Savings Bonds Direct” are registered service marks of the United States Department of the Treasury, Bureau of the Fiscal Service.
The following are marks of companies not affiliated with the Federal Reserve Banks:
- “Adobe,” “Acrobat” and “Reader” are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
- “Java” and “Solaris” are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation.
- “Microsoft,” “Windows,” “Windows Media” and “Internet Explorer” are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
- “IBM” and “Connect:Direct” are trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
- “UNIX” is a registered trademark of The Open Group.
- “Linux” is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
- “Axway,” “Secure Client” and “SecureTransport” are trademarks of Axway Inc.
- “NACHA” is a registered trademark of NACHA – The Electronic Payments Association.
- “SWIFT” is a trademark of S.W.I.F.T. SCRL.
- “CHIPS” is a registered service mark of The Clearing House Payments Company L.L.C.
- “ISO” is a registered service mark of International Organization for Standardization.
Other product names and company names referenced on this website may be either trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
References to Third Parties and Third-Party Products or Services
The Federal Reserve Banks do not sponsor, endorse, or recommend any third party or any third-party products or services used on or by this website or referenced on or by this website.
Reporting IP Infringement
The Federal Reserve Banks undertake to obey all relevant copyright laws and do not permit activities that infringe on copyright or other intellectual property rights on their websites, including this one. The Federal Reserve Banks will review all claims of copyright infringement they receive and remove content deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of law.
The Federal Reserve Banks will promptly terminate without notice any registered user’s access to this website if they determine that user to be a “repeat infringer.” A repeat infringer is a registered user who has been notified that the user’s activity infringes copyright or other intellectual property rights more than twice or whose user-submitted content has been removed from this website more than twice. The Federal Reserve Banks may also, in their discretion, limit access to any limited-access portions of this website or terminate registration for any limited-access service of any users that infringe the intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there has been any repeat infringement.
If you are a copyright owner (or an agent of a copyright owner) and believe that any user content or other content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notice in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by providing the Federal Reserve Banks with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- Your physical or electronic signature (or the physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on your behalf);
- A description of the copyrighted work you claim to have been infringed or, if you claim multiple copyrighted works have been infringed, a representative list of such works on this website;
- A description of the material you claim to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and information reasonably sufficient to permit the Federal Reserve Banks to locate the material so that it may be removed or access to it may be disabled;
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner of which you have complained is not authorized by the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you believe that content you had provided to this website that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or the law to post and use the content, you may send a counter-notice to the Federal Reserve Banks containing the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- A description of the material that was removed (or to which access was disabled) and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed (or to which access was disabled);
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good-faith belief that the material was removed (or to which access was disabled) as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the United States district court for the judicial district in which your address is located or, if you are outside the United States, to the jurisdiction of the United States district court for the Northern District of Illinois; and
- A statement that you will accept service of process from the person that provided the Federal Reserve Banks with notification of the alleged infringement (or that person’s agent).
If a counter-notice is received by a Federal Reserve Bank, the Federal Reserve Bank may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at the Federal Reserve Banks’ sole discretion.
Consent to Monitoring
The Federal Reserve Banks monitor this website. By using this website, you expressly agree to such monitoring and you are advised that any evidence of suspected fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity may be provided to law enforcement officials.
The Federal Reserve Banks are working to make every page on their public web servers accessible to the widest possible audience, including people with visual disabilities using screen-reading software.
Many of the documents on Federal Reserve Bank web servers are in HTML and are usually compatible with screen-reading software. The Federal Reserve Banks also have a large number of documents in Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF). PDF documents are displayed through Adobe's free Acrobat Reader, but may require additional steps to become accessible to screen readers.
Download Adobe's free Acrobat Reader (Off-site)
Other Means of Obtaining Documents
If you are seeking a document that is not accessible to you from this website and you would like to obtain a paper copy of it, you may submit a request by e-mail to the FRBservices webmaster.
The Federal Reserve Banks invite comments on their accessibility policies. You may e-mail the FRBservices webmaster or send a letter to Webmaster - Customer Relations and Support Office, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, 230 South LaSalle, Chicago, Illinois 60604.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
This website is controlled and operated by the Federal Reserve Banks from their offices in the United States of America. By entering this site, you acknowledge and agree that the terms of this website and your use of it are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States, and in the absence of controlling federal law, with the laws of the State of Illinois. When using this website, you agree to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you use this website from locations outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with any and all applicable laws of that or any other applicable location. The exclusive jurisdiction for any legal action or proceeding regarding the terms and conditions of this website shall be in the United States district court for the Northern District of Illinois located in Chicago, Illinois, and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction and venue of that court.
Release and Indemnification